Monday, November 23, 2009

Estimated Time of Arrival: July 9th 2010!

"It was an emotional time for Buttercup" to say the least! Today we listened to the sound of our baby's heartbeat. It was fast! We also got to see more of the baby. It was a big difference from two weeks ago when it was merely a tadpole! Now it has a head and tiny arms and legs and resembles a frog. A mighty cute frog at that! It was a proud moment indeed! It has been 7 weeks and 3 days according to the calculations from the ultra sound and it should make its debut on Klara's 12th birthday, the 9th of July. If I count back in my calendar, it looks like it was conceived on Astrid's birthday. Are all the birthdays already taken?
Apart from that we went through some other preggo-stuff and it turns out that I am in quite good shape, I do not have gestational diabetes, my blood group is 0+ and I have gained around 6 pounds so far.  It was recommended that I get a flu shot and a swine flu shot. Since my timing is impeccable, as always, Kaiser Permanente had just received its first batch of swine flu vaccine today. The only hitch being that it was only available at the Wailuku clinic. Some phone calls were made and I could drive over a get both shots and they would hold one of the only 25 swine flu shots for me. They sure know how to make a girl feel special at Kaiser! If I wasn't pregnant I would not have wanted either shot, but you got to do what you got to do!
So now I am immune to the flu! And one out of 25 mauians immune to swine flu! Wow! 
We finished the outing at the Maui Mall Megaplex with "Pirate Radio", which really could have been better. It had lots and lots of good music though, including "Whiter Shade of Pale" one of my favorites! 
"We skipped the light fandango, turning cartwheels 'cross the floor. 
I was feeling kind of seasick, but the crowd called out for more"
The size of my belly is still not much to see, I look a little chubbier than before, that's all. But I do feel the pressure to post a picture, so I will soon! Promise!



3 comments:

sandiellaandersson said...

Heja heja! Ojoj, nu kommer snart smeknamnen (återvunna från min barndom) hagla! Knubbe kanske? Rulla innan nyår?

Annika said...

Din blogg ger mig goda kunskaper i engelska, jag kommer på mig själv att jag sitter och läser högt!
Nu väntar vi på ett arbetsnamn på bebbsen och massor av foton på din mage. Visst var det ett magiskt ögonblick att få höra hjärtslagen från den lilla?
Svininfluensan håller på att klinga av här hemma enligt nyheterna. Jag har fått kallelse till sprutan i nästa vecka, den vågar man väl inte avstå ifrån...
Kram på er bägge!

Mike + Heidi said...

Good news about the flu shots. We saw Pirate Radio two and thought while it was short on plot, it was a fun movie.